Additional Neuroscience Resources
Neuroscience conditions may be difficult, but they are not hopeless. Below are some additional resources to help you learn more about the latest developments in the field of neuroscience and provide you with a personal education about specific conditions and treatments.
This bookmark gives the six signs of stroke in an easy to remember acronym.
American Stroke Association
American Academy of Neurology
Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience
At Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience, we consistently achieve positive outcomes in neuroscience and are proud to share the following measures of excellence:
- Stroke. The Jefferson Comprehensive Stroke Center is one of the most advanced centers in the United States for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research of stroke.
- Epilepsy. The Jefferson Comprehensive Epilepsy Center is among the nation's most respected, focusing on research, diagnosis and treatment for persons with seizures, performing the most surgical operations and participating in the most investigational drug trials of any epilepsy center in the Delaware Valley.
- Spinal Cord Trauma. Jefferson is both an accredited Level 1 Regional Trauma Center and a federally designated Regional Model Spinal Cord Injury Center. In affiliation with Magee Rehabilitation Hospital, Jefferson is Delaware Valley's only Model Spinal Cord Injury Center, as designated by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research.
- Clinical Trials. Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience partners with the National Institutes of Health and leading pharmaceutical innovators to develop advanced interventions and drug treatments for acute and chronic neurologic conditions.
- Patient Volume. Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience annually treats the largest combined volume of brain tumors, spinal cord injury, aneurysms and AVMs in the Philadelphia region.