Improving the Lives of Patients Living with MS
Jefferson Health is offering a new monthly wellness retreat that strives to enhance the quality of life for patients living with MS in southern New Jersey.
This free collaborative day of learning, relaxation and sharing will feature education modules and activities, including guest speakers, body & mind programs, and spa experiences. Food will be served, and each participant's caretaker is also invited to attend.
The Wellness Retreat is made possible by the Joseph A. Maressa Fund, through the Jefferson Health Foundation - New Jersey. To learn more about the Joseph A. Maressa Fund, click here.
Our MS Wellness program is driven by our guiding principles:
- Improve the lives of our patients and community members living with MS.
- Create and sustain a designed experience that inspires participation.
- Offer engaging content along with restorative reoccurring activities.
- Provide a caring, supporting and inclusive atmosphere.
- Take an innovative approach to meeting participant needs.
- Respond to feedback for continuous improvement.
- Operate the program responsibly, equitably and transparently.
Content Modules & Spa Services
The Wellness Retreat provides patients and their care partners access to a wide range of guest speakers and spa services such as:
- Psychiatric Consoling / Group Discussion.
- Neurology MS Update.
- Pharmacology MS Update.
- Mindfulness and Chair Yoga.
- Physical Therapy and Exercise.
- Dietary and Nutrition.
- Art Therapy.
- Horticultural Therapy.
- Haircuts and Styling.
- Additional Content Being Developed.
Educational speakers are drawn from experts within a range of disciplines. All wellness practitioners are trained, and specialize in working with MS patients.
Hosted at Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital
Conveniently located in Cherry Hill, the Wellness Retreat offers patients day-long activities, catered breakfast and lunch, respite areas and valet parking.
Our Wellness Retreat happens the 2nd and 4th Saturdays each month, excluding August and December.