Ricardo Perez, DO
Jefferson Medical Group
Hospitalists work as a group
and part of a multi-disciplinary
team, on a rotating basis,
ensuring solid clinical handoffs
in the care of their patients.
Hospital based practice only.
Background & Education
Medical School:University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
Board Certification:Internal Medicine
Professional Appointments & Affiliations
Appointments & Affiliations:
- Chief of Medicine, Kennedy Health System - Cherry Hill, Stratford, Washington Township, NJ (2014-Present)
- Medical Director, Kennedy University Hospitalist Program, Kennedy Healthcare System – Cherry Hill, Stratford, Washington Township, NJ (2012-2014)
- Fellowship, American College of Osteopathic Internists (2010)
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, UMDNJ School of Osteopathic Medicine – Stratford, NJ (2007-2012)
- Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency, Department of Medicine (2010-2012)
- Course Coordinator for Medical Jurisprudence (2007-2012)
- Assistant Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency, Department of Medicine (2009-2010)
- Coordinator for Rotating & Internal Medicine Interns, GME Department (2008-2009)
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Osteopathic Internists
- New Jersey Association of Osteopathic Physicians
Awards & Honors
American Osteopathic Foundation, Runner-up for Emerging Leader Award, 2011
Preceptor of the Year, Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2008, 2009
Teaching Attending of the Year, Kennedy Memorial Hospital - Washington Township, NJ, 2008, 2009
"Top Doc" South Jersey Magazine, 2011, 2014,
Ages served: 18+
Dr. Ricardo Perez is responsible for the strategy, management, and operations for Jefferson Medical Group in New Jersey, a network of primary and specialty care practices. He is a board-certified internist, with a focus on Hospital Medicine.
Most recently, Dr. Perez had served as Jefferson’s Associate Chief Medical Officer in South Philadelphia, where he improved clinical operations and patient safety initiatives while supporting a population health model.
Dr. Perez first joined what was then Kennedy Health (now Jefferson Health New Jersey) in 2012 as Medical Director for its newly formed Hospitalist program, now in place at its three NJ hospitals.
In 2014, he was named Chief of Medicine for Jefferson NJ, making him responsible for quality, patient safety, medical peer review and service line development – as well as overseeing Department of Medicine’s more than 350 physicians.
Dr. Perez had also previously served as Chief Clinical Officer for Accountable Care, where his legal and clinical background helped prepare the organization for future healthcare delivery and payment models.
Dr. Perez graduated from The College of New Jersey in 1998 with a B.S. degree in biology. By 2004, he had completed both a medical degree from the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine and a law degree from the Rutgers University School of Law – Camden. He completed a three-year Residency program in Internal Medicine through the Saint Barnabas Health Care System.
Dr. Perez, a resident of Voorhees, NJ, has been honored as a Fellow in the American College of Osteopathic Internists for his contributions to the profession. In 2016, he was also recognized by the NAACP of Gloucester County with a “Game Changer” Award. He received the Dr. Angela Jones Medical Award for exemplifying the profession’s highest values: commitment to service, community Involvement, humanity, leadership, and dedication to patient care.