Elyse B. Kernis, DO
Jefferson Medical Group
Online Appointment Scheduling
Select an appointment type to schedule directly.
Background & Education
Internship:University of Minnesota Medical School
Residency:Wayne State University School of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
Professional Appointments & Affiliations
Appointments & Affiliations:
- Kennedy Health Alliance, Family Physician – Turnersville, NJ (2013-Present)
- Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine – New York City, NY
- Adjunct Clinical Professor, Department of Primary Care (2011-Present)
- Assistant Course Coordinator, Primary Care Department for Physician Diagnosis: Primary Care Skills, Medical Simulation, and Organized structural clinical examination (2009-2011)
- Adjunct Clinical Professor, Department of Primary Care, (2008-2009)
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Medicine – Stratford, NJ
- Physical Diagnosis Course, Clinical Associate Director, Department of Family Medicine (2012-2013)
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Family Medicine, Department of Family Medicine (2011-2013)
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners
Awards & Honors
"Medicine's Best & Brightest Women" - SJ Magazine, 2017
"Top Doc" Family Practice, chosen by peers - SJ Magazine, 2016,
Elyse Kernis, D.O., has dedicated over 16 years to the practice of Family Medicine. She specializes in treating patients through all aspects of life, from pediatrics to geriatrics, with a special interest in Diabetes, Hypertension, and High Cholesterol. Dr. Kernis places emphases on Preventive Medicine through age appropriate screening of both men and women. She educates her patients on the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle, from a well-balanced diet and exercise to self-screening for breast and testicular lumps.
In addition to her lengthy clinical time in practice, Dr. Kernis has spent years as an Assistant Clinical Professor training future physicians. Her focus has been educating students particularly in their first two years of medical school by providing lectures and directing hands on laboratory courses on multiple topics, including Physicial Diagnosis, Primary Care Skills, and Medical Stimulations courses at Touro College of Medicine in New York City and UMDNJ School of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Kernis was honored in the past to have been a member of a standard-setting panel for the COMLEX-USA Level 2-Physical Examination (A Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination required for all Osteopathic students).
Dr. Kernis’s biggest passion is her family. She loves spending time with her children and husband. She is a mother of three children, two boys and one active All Star Cheerleading daughter. Therefore, she understands the importance of balancing it all.
Ages served: 7+