Andro T. Zangaladze, PhD,MD
Jefferson Medical Group
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Botox Treatment for Headaches
- Trigger Point Injections for Headaches
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation
- Parkinson's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Dizziness and Vertigo
- Muscle Disorder
- Spinal Cord Disease
Background & Education
Internship: Grady Memorial Hospital
Residency: Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, Tbilisi State Medical University
Fellowship: Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals
Board Certification: Neurology, Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology
Professional Appointments & Affiliations
- American Academy of Neurology - Fellow of American Academy of Neurology (FAAN)
- American Epilepsy Society
Andro T. Zangaladze, 1987 graduate of Tbilisi Medical Univeristy, Tbilisi, Georgia, USSR, completed his Internship at Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, and his Neurology Residency and Clinical Neurophysiology Fellowship at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA. After his fellowship, he went on to serve as Assistant Professor of Neurology at the Jefferson Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, Director of Neuroscience for Virtua Health System, and Director of Neuroscience for Inspira Health Network. He specializes in various neurological conditions, including epilepsy; headache; Botox treatment for headaches; trigger point injections for headaches; vagal nerve stimulation; Parkinson's disease; dementia; multiple sclerosis; neuropathy, Myasthenia; dizziness and vertigo; stroke; muscle disorder; spinal cord disease, and more. He is currently an avid member of the American Academy of Neurology (for which he serves as a fellow) and the American Epilepsy Society.
Peer Reviewed Publications:
- Kasradze S, Alkhidze M, Lomidze G, Japaridze G, Tsiskaridze A, Zangaladze A. Perspectives of epilepsy surgery in resource-poor countries: a study in Georgia. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2015 Jul 11. [Epub ahead of print]PMID:26163257
- Yang J, Yan Y, Ma CG, Kang T, Zhang N, Gran B, Xu H, Li K, Ciric B, Zangaladze A, Curtis M, Rostami A, Zhang GX. Accelerated and enhanced effect of CCR5-transduced bone marrow neural stem cells on autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Acta Neuropathol. 2012 Oct;124(4):491-503.
- Zangaladze A, Skidmore C. Lacosamide use in refractory idiopathic primary generalized epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav. 2012 Jan;23(1):79-80. doi: 10.1016/j.yebeh.2011.10.023. Epub 2011 Dec 23.PMID: 22197124
- Roshal D, Glosser D, Zangaladze A. Parieto-occipital lobe epilepsy caused by a POLG1 compound heterozygous A467T/W748S genotype. Epilepsy Behav. 2011 Jun;21(2):206-10. Epub 2011 Apr 22
- Nei M, Zangaladze AT, Sharan A, Ho RT. Interictal epileptiform discharges and asystole. Epilepsy Res. 2011 Feb;93(2-3):204-7. Epub 2011 Jan 11.
- Roshal D, Snapp M, Friedman DP, Zangaladze A. Iatrogenic Brain and cervical cord MRI susceptibility artifacts from metallic microemboli. Arch Neurol. 2011 Jan; 68(1) : 132-3
- Buckingham SE, Chervoneva I, Sharan A, Zangaladze A, Mintzer S, Skidmore C, Nei M, Evans J, Pequignot E, Sperling MR. Latency to First Seizure after Temporal Lobectomy Predicts Long-Term Outcome. Epilpsia 2010 Oct;51 (10):1987-93
- Fisher R, Salanova V, Witt T, Worth R, et all, Zangaladze A in SANTE Study Group. Electrical stimulation of the anterior nucleus of thalamus for treatment of refractory epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2010 May;51(5):899-908.. Epub 2010 Mar 17.
- Zangaladze A, Asadi-Pooya AA, Ashkenazi A, Sperling, MR. Sporadic Hemiplegic Migraine and Epilepsy Associated with CACNA1A Gene Mutation. In: Epilepsy Behav. 2010 Jan 11
- Tracy JI, Waldron B, Glosser D, Sharan A, Mintzer S, Zangaladze A, Skidmore C, Siddiqui I, Caris E, Sperling MR. Hemispheric lateralization and language skill coherence in temporal lobe epilepsy. Cortex. 2009 Feb 13. [Epub ahead of print]
- Asadi-Pooya AA, Nei M, Sharan AD, Mintzer S, Zangaladze A, Evans JG, Skidmore C, Sperling MR.Antiepileptic drugs and relapse after epilepsy surgery. Epileptic Disord. 2008 Sep;10(3):193-8.
- Zangaladze A. , Liporace J., Nei N., Sperling M. R. Characteristics and Clinical Significance of Subclinical Seizures (SCS). Epilepsia. 2008 Dec;49(12):2016-21.
- Sperling MR, Nei M, Zangaladze A, Sharan AD, Mintzer SE, Skidmore C, Evans JG, Schilling CA, Asadi-Pooya AA. Prognosis after late relapse following epilepsy surgery. Epilepsy Res. 2008 Jan;78 (1):77-81
- Zangaladze A., Sharan, A., Evans, J., Wyeth E.G., Wyeth D. H., Tracy J., Chervoneva I., & Sperling M.R. The effectiveness of low-frequency stimulation for mapping cortical function. Epilepsia. 2008 Mar; 49(3):481-7. Epub 2007 Sep 12.
- Sathian, K., & Zangaladze A. Feeling with the mind’s eye: The role of visual imagery in tactile perception. Behavioral Brain Research, 2002, Sep 20; 135 (1-2): 127--132. Sathian, K., & Zangaladze A. Feeling with the mind’s eye: The role of visual imagery in tactile perception. Optometry and Vision Science, 2001, 78(5): 276-281.
- Zangaladze, A., Epstein, C. M., Grafton, S. T., & Sathian, K., Involvement of visual cortex in tactile discrimination of grating orientation. Nature, 1999, 401: 587-590.
- Grant, C. A., Zangaladze, A., Thiagarajah C. M., & Sathian, K., Tactile perception in developmental dyslexia: a psychophysical study using gratings. Neuropsychologia, 1999, 37: 1201-1211.
- Sathian, K., & Zangaladze, A. Perceptual learning in tactile hyperacuity: complete. Inter-manual transfer but limited retention. Exp. Brain Research, 1998, 118:131-134. Sathian K., Zangaladze A., Hoffman J. M., Grafton S. T. Feeling with the Mind’s Eye. Neuroreport 1997, 8: 3877-3881
- Sathian, K., Zangaladze, A., Green, J., Vitek, J.L., & DeLong, M.R. Tactile spatial acuity and roughness discrimination: Impairments due to aging and Parkinson’s disease. Neurology, 1997, 49:168-177.
- Sathian, K., & Zangaladze, A. Tactile learning is task specific but transfers between fingers. Perception & Psychophysics, 1997, 59(1), p. 119-128.
- Sathian, K., & Zangaladze, A. Tactile spatial acuity at the human fingertip and lip: Bilateral symmetry and inter-digit variability. Neurology, 1996, 46, p. 1464-1466.
- Epstein, C. M., Verson, R., & Zangaladze, A. Magnetic coil suppression of visual perception at an extracalcarine site. Journal of Clinical Neurophysiology, 1996, 13(3), p. 247-252.
- Epstein, C. M., & Zangaladze, A. Magnetic coil suppression of extrafoveal visual perception using disappearance targets. Journal of Clinical Neurophysiology, 1996, 13(3), p. 242-246.