Jefferson Cherry Hill Greatest Need
The Jefferson Cherry Hill campus is undergoing a major $250-million renovation and expansion, which will keep Jefferson at the vanguard of 21st century health care. The project includes:
- Already Opened:
- a soaring, light-filled, five-story atrium lobby — a new “front door” for our Cherry Hill campus that features a gift shop, café, and community rooms;
- a new five-story, 102,000 square-foot Medical Office Building, adding more ambulatory services to the campus as a handicap-accessible “medical mall.” Among the recently added services are otolaryngology/head & neck surgery; and
- a new seven-level parking facility with more than 600 parking spaces.
- 2020 Opening:
- a new seven-story, 238,000 square-foot clinical tower with 90 private patient rooms;
- a large dining facility with seating for 175, including outdoor seating for an additional 30;
- new Diagnostic Center, including Interventional Radiology, Medical Imaging, and Nuclear Medicine; and
- new state-of-the-art hospital pharmacy.
Stocks, Bonds & Mutual Funds
If you own stock, it is sometimes wiser to contribute stock rather than cash, as a gift of appreciated stock generally offers a two-fold tax advantage:
- You avoid paying capital gains tax on the increased value of the stock
- You receive an income tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the stock at the time of the gift
For example, if you purchased stock years ago for $1,000 that is now worth $10,000, an outright gift of the stock would result in a charitable deduction of $10,000. In addition, there is no tax on the $9,000 appreciation in value.
If you have owned stock for more than a year, you qualify for these significant tax advantages. Your gift must be postmarked by December 31 to qualify for a deduction in that tax year. A stockbroker or trust officer also can arrange for a year-end gift of stock from your account.
Transferring stock to Jefferson or have questions? Email Sarah Staley at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact information, stock name, and number of shares. We will provide you with instructions for your broker.
Making a planned gift is an excellent way to support Jefferson while obtaining long-term financial benefits for you and your family. Staff in our Department of Planned Giving can help you choose from the giving options that also produce income for you.
Significant tax advantages can be associated with income-producing gifts, such as an immediate charitable income tax deduction, an avoidance of immediate capital gains taxes upon the sale of appreciated assets, and eventual estate tax savings. Please contact Lisa Repko, JD, at email@example.com or 215-955-0437 for individual advice on your particular situation.
If you are a Jefferson faculty or staff member, you can make a gift to the university or hospital through your paycheck. Simply log in to PeopleSoft and select “Employee Giving” to get started. If you wish to give to a specific campus, search the hospital’s name to populate non-enterprise funds.
For additional information, please contact Sarah Staley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-955-8276.
We are honored you are considering including us in your estate plans. Through the years, our friends and alumni have provided generous and significant support for patient programs, scholarships, and professorships. Please contact Lisa Repko, JD, at email@example.com or 215-955-0437 for language specific to the Jefferson program you wish to support in your estate plans.
Employer Matching Gift Program
You could double or even triple the amount of your donation if your employer provides matching gifts. Many employers sponsor matching gift programs that match charitable contributions made by their employees.