Jefferson Health New Jersey’s Education Department is committed to the success of each nurse who joins our outstanding patient care team. Whether you are a novice or an experienced nurse, our comprehensive orientation program, offered with a personal touch, will meet your individual training needs.
We help prepare you in a variety of ways when you join our nursing team:
- Class lectures and lab sessions.
- Critical care internships.
- Individualized goal setting.
- Clinical experiences with trained preceptors.
- Competency assessment.
- Special learning modules.
- Online resources.
You and your Nurse Manager will plan your clinical orientation. A preceptor is assigned to work closely with new nurses on each shift. On many units, a Clinical Nurse Specialist also monitors your progress and can facilitate enhanced learning experiences as you need them.
You will also receive a Clinical Orientation Workbook containing unit-specific tools to use each orientation day.
Additional Courses Offered by Jefferson Health - New Jersey’s Education Department
We offer the following additional courses for your orienation and career advancement as you begin working at Jefferson Health New Jersey:
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program)
- Peripheral IV and Phlebotomy Certification
- Nursing Professionalism Course (delegation, time management, and critical thinking)
- Basic Dysrhythmia Certification
- Cerification Review Courses (critical care, emergency, and medical surgical)
- Trauma Course
- Triage Class
- Chemotherapy Certification
- Peritoneal Dialysis Course
- Charge Nurse Course
- Preceptor Workshop