Summer Sustenance Recipes: Delectable Dips for Veggies
- Cheri R. Leahy, RDN, CSOWM
When it comes to snacking on your favorite Jersey delicious veggies, you don't have to use the same old dips from the grocery store. Try one of the creative, hearty dips below!
Red Curry Almond Butter Dip:
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons sunflower-seed oil
- ½ cup water
- pinch of salt
To make the Red Curry Almond Butter Dip, whisk together all the ingredients except the water and salt. Then slowly stream in the water, whisking well to combine, until you reach your desired consistency (the amount of water you need will depend on how thick your almond butter is). Taste for seasoning and add a pinch of salt, if desired.
Greener Goddess Dip:
- ¾ cup veganaise
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ½ bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
To make the Greener Goddness Dip, combine all ingredients in a powerful blender or food processor. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.