New Patient Pavilion Opens at Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital
A new Patient Pavilion with all-private rooms has opened at Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital, the last phase of a five-year, $250 million-plus campus revitalization project.
“This marks a new era for our health system and our Cherry Hill Hospital,” said Jefferson Health - New Jersey President Brian Sweeney. “It elevates the level of service and care we can provide our community members.”
In addition to new patient care units with private rooms, the new Patient Pavilion also has new Medical Imaging facilities and a modern, full-service café. Designed with patients and their family members’ comfort and convenience in mind, some of the new amenities offered include:
- An iPad in every patient room (sanitized after every discharge) that allows patients to access MyJeffersonHealth (for information on their care), as well as educational materials
- A remote device that allows patients to control their room environment, including:
- The TV
- Lighting and temperature
- Window blinds
- Specialized beds with a USB port built into the handrails, for easy charging of electronic devices
- A bed alarm with automatic settings for patient safety
- An informational touchscreen electronic board that includes information to assist patients with care provider names and photos — and an area for family members to leave messages for the patient.
In addition, many technological advancements have been made for staff to increase efficiency and safety measures. Hospital clinical personnel were invited to provide suggestions and input during the planning phase of the new facility.
“We are thrilled to open this new Patient Pavilion to the communities we serve,” said Lisa Dutterer, Chief Administrative Officer for Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital. “It will enhance each patient’s experience in a setting that is both modern and warm.”
The Pavilion’s opening comes five years after the start of the overall Cherry Hill campus revitalization project, which included a new lobby pavilion and medical office building, as well as a seven-story, enclosed (free) parking facility. For more information, visit www.JeffersonHealth.org/NewJersey