Jefferson Health New Jersey to Begin Using MyChart for Patient Medical Records
On September 28, Jefferson Health in New Jersey transitioned to a new patient portal called MyChart. The innovative, user-friendly platform will enhance the safety and security of the organization of medical records, as well as offer unique benefits to patients.
MyChart allows patients to access real-time results, right at their fingertips, explains Brenda Gorman, oncology assistant at the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center – Washington Township.
“It’s one chart – everywhere you go,” said Gorman. “That’s what we are so excited about! All of the patient’s information will be comprehensive, in one spot, to help us provide the best possible care.”
If you’re a Jefferson Health patient using MyChart through a secure, internet connection, you can:
- Schedule medical appointments during or after office hours.
- Swap your appointment for an earlier one.
- Message your provider directly (*note: not meant for urgent matters).
- Schedule video visits with Jefferson Health doctors.
- View test results electronically – no more waiting for a phone call or letter in the mail.
- Request prescription refills at Jefferson pharmacies.
- View your health information while you're in the hospital, with MyChart Bedside, a 24/7 tool that provides you with safe and secure access to your medical record, treatment plan, test results and more.
If you or a loved one requires additional assistance in managing and navigating medical care, you can also assign a Proxy through MyChart. If you are a parent, legal guardian or other designated adult, you might be eligible to become a designated proxy.
Gorman and all other clinical employees at Jefferson Health in New Jersey have received extensive training in MyChart and Epic (the new internal electronic medical record system).
“It’s our priority to have complete accuracy in each patient’s chart,” continued Gorman. “In addition, no one can access patient records without a proper, credential login, and we can see everyone who views a chart. We want these records to be as safe as our patients.”
With this transition, you’ll be able to manage your healthcare information like never before. You can sign-up for MyChart at your next Jefferson Health visit.
To learn more about MyChart, including how to login, schedule an appointment, pay your bill online, and more, click HERE.
Check out Jefferson Health in New Jersey's journey to implementing Epic and MyChart by watching the video below!