2 Jefferson Health NJ Nurses Receive March of Dimes’ 2019 NJ Nurse of the Year Awards
Congratulations to Jefferson Health NJ nurses Alison Brencher, BSN, RN, CMSRN (T2, Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital), shown left, and Barbara Midure-Crofton, MSN, RN, RNC-NIC (NICU, Jefferson Washington Township Hospital), winners of the March of Dimes’ 2019 New Jersey Nurse of the Year Awards in Old Bridge. Alison won the Rising Star Award, while Barbara won the Neonatal and Pediatrics Award.
The March of Dimes Awards serve as recognition for NJ-based nurses, in 11 different categories, who exemplify an extraordinary level of patient care, compassion and customer service.
“We applaud Alison and Barbara, and to all of our awards nominees and finalists, for their dedication to go above and beyond each day to put our patients first,” said Helene Burns, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, Chief Nurse Executive.
After more than 200 nurses were nominated, applications were reviewed and scored by high-ranking nurse leaders, before 66 finalists were chosen across the 11 categories. Six other Jefferson NJ nurses were finalists for the following categories:
- Adult Health Priscilla Callahan, BSN, RN, CMSRN
- Critical Care Kristen Russell, BSN, RN, PCCN, CMSRN
- Nurse Educator Paula Greenbaum, MSN, RN, CMSRN, RN-BC
- Nurse Manager Margaret Rosso, MSN, RN, OCN, ONS, NE-BC, RN-BC
- Rising Star Arianna Zito, BSN, RN
- Women’s Health Elizabeth Perry, RN, RNC-MNN
Congratulations, Alison and Barbara!