Jefferson Health in New Jersey Accreditations & Designations
Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital, Jefferson Stratford Hospital and Jefferson Washington Township Hospital
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Accredited by The American Osteopathic Association
- Accredited as an American Heart Association Training Center for Basic Life Support CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Magnet® designated
- Named one of the Nation's Top Performers on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission (TJC) in 2013 for its achievement on the following measure sets: heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care.
Jefferson Washington Township Hospital
- Designated as a New Jersey State Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Jefferson Washington Township Hospital – a New Jersey state-designated Comprehensive Stroke Center – has been certified through The Joint Commission as an Advanced Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center (TSC), an important validation of the quality care provided for stroke patients (2020).
Jefferson Health Cherry Hill Hospital and Jefferson Health Stratford Hospital
- Designated as a New Jersey State Primary Stroke Center (Cherry Hill, Stratford).
Jefferson Health – Bariatric Surgery Program (Surgical Weight Loss Program)
- Accredited through the National Metabolic Bariatric Surgery and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) as a Comprehensive Center.
- Jefferson Health – New Jersey has been recognized with a Blue Distinction® Centers for Bariatric Surgery designation as part of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association’s Blue Distinction Specialty Care program (2021).
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center — Washington Township
- Accreditation with Commendation from the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) Commission on Cancer (CoC) and full accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
- Designated as a Care Continuum Center of Excellence (CCCOE) by the GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer, formerly the Lung Cancer Alliance and the Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation
Jefferson Health – Behavioral Health
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for healthcare quality and safety. The accreditation awards recognize Jefferson Health New Jersey's dedication to continuous compliance with The Joint Commission’s state-of-the-art standards. (2019)
Jefferson Health – Home Care
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for health care quality and safety. The accreditation recognizes Jefferson Health New Jersey's dedication to continuous compliance with The Joint Commission’s state-of-the-art standards. (2019)
Jefferson Health – Medical Imaging Services
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) for CT, MRI, Ultrasound and Mammography at Jefferson Health New Jersey hospital locations.
- Accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Nuclear Medicine Laboratories (ICANL) at Jefferson Health New Jersey hospital locations.
- Accredited by the ICANL for PET/CT at Jefferson Health New Jersey Outpatient Imaging Center.
- American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, holding accreditations in Ultrasound – Breast, Ultrasound - Breast Biopsy, and Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Imaging Services.
Jefferson Health – Surgery Center
- Accredited by The Joint Commission and the American Osteopathic Association.
Jefferson Health – Sleep Centers
- Accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Jefferson Health – Laboratory Services
- Accredited through the internationally recognized College of American Pathologists (CAP), and the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), administered through the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Jefferson Health – Maternal-Fetal Medicine Unit (Washington Township)
- Accredited in Obstetric Ultrasound through the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM).
- Jefferson Health – New Jersey’s Washington Township-based Maternity Center, a participating facility in Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey’s network, has been recognized with a Blue Distinction® Centers (BDC) for Maternity Care designation, as part of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association’s Blue Distinction Specialty Care program. (2021)
Jefferson Health – Child & Adolescent Inpatient Mental Health Unit (CAPU)
- Designated as a Children’s Crisis Intervention Service by the NJ Division of Children’s Behavioral Health Services.
Jefferson Health – Adult Inpatient Mental Health Unit
- Designated as Short-Term Care Facility by the NJ Division of Mental Health & Addiction Services.
Jefferson Health – Dialysis Program
- 5 Diamond Patient Safety Status from Quality Insights Renal Network Three (QIRN3) in recognition of patient safety and quality care.
- Two-star recipient, Baxter’s Pursuit of Excellence Program for Peritoneal Dialysis quality standards.
Jefferson Health – STAT Transport
- Certified in the Safe Handling of Bariatric Patients by transport equipment manufacturer, TransSafe, Inc. NJ State Safety Council Defensive Driving sub-agency.
Jefferson Health – Diabetes Control Outpatient Education Program
- Recognition status by American Diabetes Association for Diabetes Self-Management Education
Jefferson Health in New Jersey Affiliations & Partnerships
- Primary Teaching Hospital of Rowan University-School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM), formerly UMDNJ-SOM
- Affiliated with The Rothman Institute