Jefferson Health in New Jersey Awards
- JHNJ earned CEO Cancer Gold StandardTM recognition for its efforts to reduce cancer risk for associates and covered family members.
- JHNJ was honored at the American Cancer Society (ACS) regional “Celebration of Hope” awards for its support of ACS initiatives.
- Jefferson Washington Township Hospital’s Maternity Center was recognized by Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield-NJ with a Blue Distinction® Center for Maternity Care designation for clinical excellence.
- JHNJ’s Human Resources department won the HR.com LEAD Award for its Servant Leadership training.
- The Maternal Fetal Medicine department earned reaccreditation through 2021 by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine’s (AIUM) Ultrasound Practice Accreditation Council.
- JHNJ was named a Philly.com Top Workplace for the 5th consecutive year, based on employee feedback.
- The Jefferson Stratford Hospital Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) team was awarded a 2018 Certification Achievement Award by the American Board of Perianesthesia Nursing Certification, Inc. (ABPANC).
- JHNJ was recognized as one of the “Healthiest Companies in America” for 2017 by Interactive Health for empowering employees to make significant health changes.
- All three JHNJ hospitals were honored with the 2018 Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award™, recognizing excellent performance in safeguarding patients.
- Jefferson became the first healthcare system in Camden and Gloucester counties to achieve Magnet® recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for nursing excellence.
- JHNJ’s Project SEARCH intern-to-employment program was honored with an “Employment Outcome Award” at Project SEARCH’s national conference.
- JHNJ was honored by the Food Bank of South Jersey with the “Champion Against Hunger Award” for its commitment to fighting hunger in South Jersey.
- JHNJ received the “Outstanding Employer Recognition Award,” in recognition of its support to provide employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities, from the Samost Jewish Family and Children's Service (JFCS) of Southern New Jersey.
- JHNJ was named a “Champion of Good Work” by the Commerce & Industry Association of NJ for its veterans initiatives.
- All three JHNJ hospitals received “Exemplar” status for their NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) program. The Jefferson Health Care Center, a skilled nursing facility and sub-acute rehabilitation center, received NICHE “Member” status. (2019)
- All three JHNJ hospitals earned the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for 2019.
- Jefferson Washington Township Hospital — a NJ state-designated Comprehensive Stroke Center — received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Target-Stroke: Honor Roll Elite Plus Award (2019)
- Jefferson Cherry Hill and Stratford Hospitals were awarded ‘A’s’ in The Leapfrog Group Spring 2019 Hospital Safety Grade. Also, Jefferson Washington Township Hospital received a ‘B’ grade in the report.
- JHNJ Physicians were recognized in Philadelphia magazine’s Top Doctors™ 2019 list as best of the best in terms of compassionate and high-quality care throughout Southeast Philadelphia, South Jersey, and Delaware.
- All three JHNJ hospitals were honored with the 2019 Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award™, recognizing excellent performance in safeguarding patients.
- U.S. News and World Report ranks all three JHNJ hospitals "High Performing" in Heart Failure, COPD Care, and Knee Replacement for 2019-2020
- All three JHNJ hospitals were awarded an “A” in the Fall 2019 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, a national distinction recognizing Jefferson’s achievements protecting patients from harm and providing safer health care.
- JHNJ ranked 11th in State for U.S. News and World Report's "Best Regional Hospitals", 2019-2020
- Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement in 2020
- Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement for two years in a row (2019-20)
- Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment in 2020
- Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery for two years in a row (2019-20)
- Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for two years in a row (2019-20)
- Jefferson Health’s Center for Advanced Wound Care & Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy in Washington Township was awarded the Robert A. Warriner III, M.D., Center of Excellence Award by Healogics, the nation's largest provider of advanced wound care services. (2019)
- JHNJ received a Proficiency Award from the nonprofit Mid-Atlantic Alliance for Performance Excellence (MAAPE) (2019).
- Jefferson Health’s three New Jersey-based hospitals, in Cherry Hill, Stratford, and Washington Township, were recognized as 2019 New Jersey Antibiotics Aware Gold Stewards, as part of the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH) Antimicrobial Stewardship Recognition Program.
- Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital was named a Top Teaching Hospital nationally by The Leapfrog Group - 2019
- The Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center - Washington Township received designation as a Care Continuum Center of Excellence (CCCOE) by the GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer, formerly the Lung Cancer Alliance and the Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation
- Jefferson Health’s three New Jersey hospitals — located in Cherry Hill, Stratford and Washington Township — each were awarded an ‘A’ in the spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, a national distinction recognizing achievements in providing safer health care.
- Jefferson Washington Township Hospital – a New Jersey state-designated Comprehensive Stroke Center – has been certified through The Joint Commission as an Advanced Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center (TSC), an important validation of the quality care provided for stroke patients (2020).
- U.S. News & World Report 2020-2021 "Best Hospitals" Ranking - Jefferson Health New Jersey ranked as 9th best hospital in New Jersey and 11th best hospital in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. Jefferson Health New Jersey was also “Recognized in Southern New Jersey” in the rankings for its quality care and received "High Performing" honors in four specific clinical areas: Congestive Heart Failure, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Knee Replacement surgery and Hip Replacement surgery.
Jefferson Health in New Jersey Accreditations & Designations
Jefferson Health Cherry Hill Hospital, Jefferson Health Stratford Hospital and Jefferson Health Washington Township
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Accredited by The American Osteopathic Association
- Accredited as an American Heart Association Training Center for Basic Life Support CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Magnet® designated
- Named one of the Nation's Top Performers on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission (TJC) in 2013 for its achievement on the following measure sets: heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care.
Jefferson Health Washington Township Hospital
- Designated as a New Jersey State Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Jefferson Health Cherry Hill Hospital and Jefferson Health Stratford Hospital
- Designated as a New Jersey State Primary Stroke Center (Cherry Hill, Stratford).
Jefferson Health – Bariatric Surgery Program (Surgical Weight Loss Program)
- Accredited through the National Metabolic Bariatric Surgery and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) as a Comprehensive Center.
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center — Washington Township
- Accreditation with Commendation from the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) Commission on Cancer (CoC) and full accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
- Designated as a Care Continuum Center of Excellence (CCCOE) by the GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer, formerly the Lung Cancer Alliance and the Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation
Jefferson Health – Behavioral Health
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for healthcare quality and safety. The accreditation awards recognize Jefferson Health New Jersey's dedication to continuous compliance with The Joint Commission’s state-of-the-art standards. (2019)
Jefferson Health – Home Care
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for health care quality and safety. The accreditation recognizes Jefferson Health New Jersey's dedication to continuous compliance with The Joint Commission’s state-of-the-art standards. (2019)
Jefferson Health – Medical Imaging Services
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) for CT, MRI, Ultrasound and Mammography at Jefferson Health New Jersey hospital locations.
- Accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Nuclear Medicine Laboratories (ICANL) at Jefferson Health New Jersey hospital locations.
- Accredited by the ICANL for PET/CT at Jefferson Health New Jersey Outpatient Imaging Center.
- American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, holding accreditations in Ultrasound – Breast, Ultrasound - Breast Biopsy, and Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Imaging Services.
Jefferson Health – Surgery Center
- Accredited by The Joint Commission and the American Osteopathic Association.
Jefferson Health – Sleep Centers
- Accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Jefferson Health – Laboratory Services
- Accredited through the internationally recognized College of American Pathologists (CAP), and the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), administered through the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Jefferson Health – Maternal-Fetal Medicine Unit (Washington Township)
- Accredited in Obstetric Ultrasound through the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM).
Jefferson Health – Child & Adolescent Inpatient Mental Health Unit (CAPU)
- Designated as a Children’s Crisis Intervention Service by the NJ Division of Children’s Behavioral Health Services.
Jefferson Health – Adult Inpatient Mental Health Unit
- Designated as Short-Term Care Facility by the NJ Division of Mental Health & Addiction Services.
Jefferson Health – Dialysis Program
- 5 Diamond Patient Safety Status from Quality Insights Renal Network Three (QIRN3) in recognition of patient safety and quality care.
- Two-star recipient, Baxter’s Pursuit of Excellence Program for Peritoneal Dialysis quality standards.
Jefferson Health – STAT Transport
- Certified in the Safe Handling of Bariatric Patients by transport equipment manufacturer, TransSafe, Inc. NJ State Safety Council Defensive Driving sub-agency.
Jefferson Health – Diabetes Control Outpatient Education Program
- Recognition status by American Diabetes Association for Diabetes Self-Management Education
Jefferson Health in New Jersey Affiliations & Partnerships
- Primary Teaching Hospital of Rowan University-School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM), formerly UMDNJ-SOM
- Affiliated with The Rothman Institute